15 Dec Tis the Season to be jolly, but first let’s reflect and be grateful
Another year is almost done. We are all looking forward to a well-earned rest and having some fun over the Christmas & New Year period.
Before we kick back here is a look back at some notable happenings and highlights from 2021
1. Hellos & Good-byes – This year we’ve welcomed Cameron (Installer/Technical), Susie (Admin/Accounts) and Tina (Company Rep) to the team. Sadly, in April, we said good-bye to Charlie T who retired after 5 great years with us “playing radio games”. And in October, Kourosh left to relocate to Christchurch. In January we are excited to be welcoming Daron Cuff to the team as Installer/Technical Support.
2. Demo Room – In May we launched our Demo Room which has been a great addition to our premises allowing us to discuss specific requirements with customers and then demonstrate how radio can assist with enhancing worker safety and efficiency.
3. Alcom Connect – Our digital rural network, has seen increasing interest through 2021 with many of you signing up or coming into the Demo Room to see firsthand the benefits. The network currently has coverage across Rotorua, Gisborne and Napier regions. It offers customers a wide range of features such as phone interconnect, GPS tracking/Welfare monitoring, alarm monitoring and much more. There are plans to extend coverage and add features as demand grows. We will keep you posted on developments during 2022.
4. Rentals Department – Covid has had a devastating effect on the events and tourism industries which, in turn, has led to a downturn in bookings for our rental equipment. We have taken this as an opportunity to do maintenance and upgrade work on our repeater sites and fleet of rental radios, repeaters and accessories. We are confident that when the events and tourism industries get back on their feet we will be ready to provide top quality radio communications once again.
5. Alcom’s Little Helpers – Running a small business involves a whole lot more than just supplying goods and services. Throughout 2021 we have been very fortunate to have had extra helpers who have become part of the Alcom Whanau. These are the clever local people with specialist skills whom we contract to advise and assist us with a myriad of admin, marketing, strategy and management activities. So it’s time to give a big shout out to you: Amanda, Holly & Glenn (Redspot), Tammy-Lee and Cathe (Goal Digger), Rachael & Darren (Firestation/Rotorua X) Joanne & Megan (Total Accounting Solutions) Andrew Burns (ThinkSafe) and Phil Baldey (Business Mentor). You guys are amazing and have been a huge part of making us a better business with less stressed directors. Thank you. We look forward to working with you all in 2022.
While 2021 has brought us our fair share of challenges we have also had our fair share of good fortune too. We thank all our customers, suppliers and associates for your business and support this year.
Merry Christmas Everyone. Wishing you a happy and safe holiday period.