20 Apr Alcom Connect – An Integrated Approach to Emergency Event Management
Creating a health and safety culture in any organisation requires awareness, having the right equipment, proper training and commitment from everyone.
An important element is the risk assessment process to evaluate any hazards, then remove these or minimise the level of its risk by adding control measures, as necessary. Technology is being used more and more to assist with this process to reduce risk and manage safety in the workplace.
The Tait digital network offers a variety of integrated features to assist with the health and safety of crews working in the forest or other remote areas. Should there be an emergency or accident clear communications and time are critical factors. In such an emergency event, the digital welfare monitoring cloud kicks in and can transmit an alert to a wide range of co-workers, remote workers, management team members and third-party monitoring services. This system ensures the worker needing assistance can receive it as quickly as possible from the people best placed to react.
Once the team member has received the assistance they need, the Tait network also offers the ability for health and safety professionals to review how the event was managed.
6 Elements for Emergency Event Management
1. Tait digital radios all offer a range of Mandown and Lone Worker features
2. A text is sent to the remote manager or health and safety manager, providing user identity and location. From their cellular mobile, the remote manager can talk to the user if required.
3. An emergency call is set up with locally-based radios. Locally-based users are often best placed to provide assistance.
4. A visual and audible alert can be sent to the office. The alert will provide the user’s identity and location. All details are stored for future analysis.
5. A visual and audible alert can be sent to a 24/7 Monitoring Service. The monitoring service will follow a pre-agreed escalation process.
6. Once the team member has received the assistance they need, the network also offers the ability for health and safety professionals to review how the event was managed.
The beauty of this system is it can be tailored to your specific needs.
To find out more contact Tina: 027 450 9003 or email@example.com